Sunday, January 3, 2010

Nice little weekend...

We finally ALL made it home from our camping trip by 9pm on New Year's Eve.
It was a long, strange, blessed trip...I'm sure it will be a post later but for now I'm simply basking in the simplicity of this nice little weekend.

The hub and I hit the 'chores' early on Saturday morning stopping at a 'side of the road' orange orchard.

Fill a bag for $3...honor system
They weren't pretty, shiny or clean
but BOY are they tasty

I juiced a dozen of them today and put the juice in an old fashioned glass milk jar

Then a jar of pear/apple juice...a fridge door oozing with fresh yumminess :)

I scrubbed our bathroom with Baking Soda, Lemon Juice and vinegar...and elbow grease and an old toothbrush...
felt a bit like Cinderelly

...but it's clean, and toxin free

We bought the fix'ns for black eyed peas, corn bread and fried chicken...yes we're a few days late but whatev. We'll be trying these recipes gluten-free for dinner tonight.

Ah yes, and while I was juicing the falafel was setting
I haven't had it since our trip to Sedona and before that, geesh it was eons
but today...very yummy
I have a container of extra patties that I'll enjoy with soup for lunch this week
Yes...a nice little weekend

We watched movies (I highly recommend Julie and Julia...very fun), snuggled with puppies, had good church this morning...all in all I think a perfect little segue from vacation to work.

Hope you had a nice little weekend too.

No comments: