Tuesday, May 12, 2009

'poo free update


On Saturday, May 9th 2009 I stopped using commercial shampoo and conditioner
I donated the remainder of my stash (about 1/8 of a bottle each of s and c that I've had for about a year) to my lil one and switched to Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar.

1 tbsp of BS to 1 cup of warm water
then
1 tbsp of ACV to 1 cup of warm water

That was Saturday morning and my hair STILL feels and looks great
I've rinsed twice since then, and will probably wash tomorrow but more so because I think I should not because my hair looks, feels or smells funky.
My hub even said something about it
he was surprised it didn't smell bad :)

okay so the cartoon is just for fun
I'm really happy with this process so far
I didn't really shampoo much to begin with
probably twice a week then mostly rinsed
once my hair care products are gone...I'm ditching those too
and not coloring (at least not until September)
so we'll go summer hair product free and see what happens...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Don't know where that cartoon came from, but I am totoally going to use it for my final post!

I am glad this is working for you. I love it too, though I have no plans to give up my mousse. I even bought the mousse you recommended.

Zucchini Breath said...

Congrats to you on the no poo! I have been poo free since August 2008 and never regretted it for a moment!

Cheers!