Friday, April 16, 2010

Hair Salad

I used to use these...
But a year ago I phased them out and switched to these...




A few months ago I ran out of this and I won't buy any more...
I've looked, I've thought about it
but I just can't bring myself to do it

I'm lovin the 'poo free life
and the only day I really feel 'meh' about my hair is the FIRST day I wash now that I'm not using curl enhancing products...my curls are well, not curly

I'm willing to accept that this could just be my need for change.

Yesterday while riding in the fully mirrored elevator thinking to myself "Ech...my hair looks like poop," a fellow passenger said "Gosh your hair is just Gorgeous"
"Who me?" --no I didn't say that out loud but...it did change my thinking for the day

I was using flax seed gel (1 Tbsp ground flax seed in 1/2 cup warm water, let it set until it thickens) This is also a GREAT replacement for eggs in your favorite baking recipe...
That was making my hair shiny, but didn't really do much for my curls

So...time for the next phase in hair salad.
Just call me 'Balsamic Babs'
This morning I used Olive Oil
I smeared a bit on my hands and scrunched my curls like I would with mousse. (Whatever was left on my hands I used as moisturizer for my hands and face).

The verdict?
Well my hair is softer
my curls look like I did something with them
but I don't think I used enough...which is definitely better than using too much and I'm SURE I erred on the side of caution

I'll keep you posted.
Anyone out there have any suggestions?
As you can see...I'm willing to try anything once :P



No comments: