Monday, April 27, 2009

I think I may go 'poo free

Friend of mine is in the midst of 30 days with no 'poo (shampoo and conditioner)
I've done some reading about it
I think I might try it...
I'm almost out of my current s/c so seems like a good time



1. Use an old shampoo bottle (well-rinsed) or a squeeze bottle of some variety  Mix 1 part aluminum-free baking soda to 3 parts Water. Each time you use this solution, shake well to mix.

2. Squeeze the baking soda solution onto your dry scalp, then massage your scalp for several seconds.

3. Leave in for 1-3 minutes, and rinse completely.

4. In an old shampoo bottle (well-rinsed) or a squeeze bottle, mix 1 part Organic White Vinegar to 4 parts Water. You can add essential oils or herbs if you like - or add 1 cinnamon stick (which lasts through several bottles of mixture) and 1/2 t vanilla. This masks the vinegar smell, and leaves your hair smelling spicy and lovely.

5. Leave on hair for several seconds, then rinse.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good luck! Though I think the BS might be a bit too concentrated. I read in several places to just use 1 T per 1 cup of water. If you use too much, your hair can get very dry.

And I've yet to smell like vinegar even though I don't yet add essential oils to my rinse. I am thinking of lavender though, and maybe honey for some extra conditioning.

Babsness said...

Yeah, I've read that too so I'll definitely watch it...I am gonna add essential oils though because I have patchouli plants out the wazoo and gotta do something with them! :)

Anonymous said...

I have been dying to try this so now that I see your recipe I'm going to go for it! I have also been using baking soda and vinegar to clean my house and I have been trying to introduce it to my clients..( since I clean houses) So now I can't wait!
Thanks!

Babsness said...

Victoria,
I've changed my recipe a bit over the past few months.
I'm currently using 3 tablespoons of BS to 1 1/2 cups of warm water (with my hair wet already before I pour the solution over my head)

Then I rinse with 1 tbsp of ACV to 1 cup of warm water

I'm down to only having to wash once a week

I wet it whenever I need a refresh and usually do a ACV rinse only mid week.

Good luck!
I love it and will NEVER go back ...you can see my progress if you click the 'poo free link on the left of my page

keep me posted!