Friday, March 19, 2010

SEEDS!

Friday night I'll start sorting but in the mix we have...
onions
chives (2 types)
peppers (a bunch o types including bell, pimento and cubanelle)
burgundy beans
green beans
bush beans
peas
radishes
corn
collards
spinach
cantaloupe
honeydew melon
watermelon

already potted (or on the way) we have
olives
patio tomatoes
sweet peppers
basil
oregano
cilantro
parsley
dill
thyme
dwarf bananas
strawberries
tophat blueberries
honey wild and honey sweet blueberries

I'm HOPING for a good harvest
We're doing a container garden and we'll create one raised bed framed out in cinder blocks...which will conveniently add more containers :)

something like this...

I'm thinking a 5 x 10 bed so it's large enough to have a decent harvest but small enough to access from the sides (so I don't have to walk IN the bed).
I'm looking forward to the process as much as the return. AND I'm being realistic about the return...coz I've been known to kill plants in the past ~doh~
A few years ago we had a fantastic pepper harvest...but we weren 't realistic with our pepper choices. I mean really, who is going to eat a gallon of habaneros!
Stay tuned...

No comments: